Monday, January 21, 2013

Stand Up and Cheer!


You know, I think I would like to have been a Valentine salesman if ever there was such a thing. I absolutely love making Valentines, I could make them all year long!


This weekend found me at my craft desk working on the three different ornaments I will be including in my Bee Mine Ornament Swap.


I had intended for my swap to be a group exchange of nut cup ornaments, but couldn't for the life of me think of one to make myself. Honestly, I have had my little paper cups for over a month now on my desk just staring at me without an ounce of creative inspiration to offer. Not that is until my wonderful Valentine box came in the mail.


I had not noticed until today, that everything in the box is either red, white, blue, or pink. Oh my gosh! If this box weren't already wonderful enough, it provided the inspiration and the supplies to make the cutest nut cup ornaments ever.


The foil trim along the bottom, blue rick rack and red ribbon, foiled crowns, and vintage pale blue millinery flowers. I can't believe how cute these turned out. All that is needed now, are chocolate hearts!


I also made little chenille bluebirds to deliver my Valentine wishes to you. A tutorial to make your own can be found here.


So that was my weekend, quite and simple. Just my husband and I going about our Couples Dance, it's steps well known and loved.


I'm so glad you enjoyed sharing the Valentine surprise box with me, and I am so happy for it's inspiration. Without it's fortuitous arrival, my nut cups would still be sitting on my desk not decorated at all. Stand up and Cheer!

21 comments:

vivian said...

Those turned out sooo cute Elizabeth! I worked on my ornament for you yesterday too. And I'm so glad to have today off to play some more!
have a great monday
xoxo

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your ornament and box of goodies were mailed Saturday morning before Chinese school. I hate to give away secrets, but the sweet little skater couple that was part of the extra goodies you sent me, became my inspiration for your ornament. I can't thank you enough. It's been a wonderful weekend of ice skating at our home. Valentine hugs!

PS. I think it would be perfectly fine to make Valentines year-round.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I did some valentine crafting this week, too! ♥

Hearts Turned said...

They're simply adorable, Elizabeth! Beautifully done...no surprise, there!

What a wonderful, inspiration-filled box--love those blue dominoes!

Wishing you the most wonderful day, dear friend...

Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Lord, Elizabeth! You are just amazing! I love your little darling nut cups. Your box of sweetness must have been so inspiring! Love seeing your Valentines too. Now I'm in a Valentine swap and have to make nine Valentines and you're giving me some ideas. Wish I had your imagination and talent. Well, just a little bit of your creativity! :)
Thanks you for popping in to see me and telling me the color of my new chicken - that's it exactly - Coke bottle green! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laura said...

Everything is amazingly cute, like everything you make! I have to say when I made your ornament your creations were my inspiration!

ginny said...

Your nut cups are wonderful.Thanks for all the sweet inspiration.I am still working on my valentine wreath.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elizabeth - I just love your valentines and nutcups. I love the little blue dress girl with the morning glories! Soooooo cute! Did you scan a copy of that one? I received my valentines in the mail yesterday and they are so perfectly clever and waaaaaayyy cute - AND all the teacher valentines, too - oh, thank you, E - I will treasure them always - and I think I must make a garland or something out of them. A teacher garland would be so special. Thank you!!!

Denise said...

Thank you for your well wishes.I feel good enough to at least look at my blog a little.Your candy cups are very sweet-great job!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Those are sooo sweet and cute Elizabeth! Looks like you got many wonderful goodies in there!! :) What an inspiration you and your crafts always are!! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I think if your were a Valentine salesman ....can you imagine the outfit? Perhaps a bright red blazer or pantsuit. A pink brief case to carry your inventory. A little scarf with conversation heart pattern? I would love to see you in saleman attire on my doorstep....

Flora said...

Those little baskets are the sweetest things!!!
Blessings,Flora

Unknown said...

Love your nut cups!! So very sweet with your little blue bird!! I stocked Hallmark cards for two Christmas at a small stationary store....so much fun!!

chris

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Elizabeth,
You could give awesome classes! If only I lived by YOU! Just darling valentines and nut cups!
Warmly,
deb

Celestial Charms said...

These Valentine's are so beautiful. Love the white crepe paper, frilly look you added to some.
Maureen

Unknown said...

Love them! I should be putting my swap to you in the mail Wed at the latest , hopefully it will be tomorrow though! You are soooo talented, I'd totally buy your valentines!

Anonymous said...

On Sunday my best friend and 10yr old granddaughter got together with our Whitman boxes and made Christmas and valentine boxes, turned out so cute....thanks to you and your swap friends. Will definately do more of them.

Unknown said...

E,
I cannot wait to get this! SO so cute! I am working on your Valentine as I write this! It will be a bit different but I hope you like it! :) Sandy

Ina said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I loved everything!!! That crown on the little messenger bird was just perfect!!! ;p

s lyle said...

I love the goodies in your valentine box. Where do you find such fabulous treasures?

Unknown said...

I'm really proud to be discovered, your blog is really great! I like its interface, and I too loved the content too. Especially keep it up!

voyance gratuite par mail